our oyster stout
Mashed with local barley malt along with a decidedly delicate blend of the finest caramel, chocolate and roasted malts. Fermented cool with our preferred house ale yeast for a touch of residual sweetness and a luxurious mouthfeel. Steeped on heaps of Virginia and North Carolina whole oysters. Blended with sea salt for increased salinity and complexity.
Originally named after the Burke Arts Council and crafted for their annual oyster outing, we have been seasonally brewing this salted oyster stout for the past seven years. Historically one of the first beers intentionally paired with food, the calcium carbonate in the oyster shells help cut the acidity from dark roasty malts and lend a smooth and salty finish.
Out of Stock
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 1, 2, 4 and 6 bottles
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 6 or 8 cans per order
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia