Carolina Custard (available for pickup starting 10/15)
Appalachian Wild Ale with Ohio-grown paw paw fruit.
Appalachian wild ale brewed with local barley and local raw wheat. Boiled with burlap-aged hops. Fermented with our mixed house cultures in one of our beautiful American-made oak foeders courtesy of our friends at Foeder Crafters of St. Louis, Missouri. Transferred into oak for 4-6 months of aging. Transferred out of oak onto a massive amount of cultivated and wild, Ohio-grown paw paw fruit, courtesy of our friends at Integration Acres of Athens, Ohio.
Fermented and aged on the paw paw fruit for 3-4 months and transferred back into red wine barrels. Matured in the wine barrels for an additional 6 months. 12-15 months old at time of bottling. Conditioned naturally inside the bottle and keg. The absurd level of paw paw
fruiting, paired with an extra long maturation time allowed 2021 Carolina Custard to
boast an intense native tropical fruit explosion. Thanks to careful blending, we were able to achieve a more complex vintage with a more restrained and softer acidity.
North America’s largest edible native fruit, we have embraced and showcased the paw paw fruit throughout our entire existence as a brewery. Bursting with aromatics reminiscent of mango, pineapple and banana, the paw paw is a special treat for those who stumble upon them deep in a holler or in one of our tasting rooms.
Out of Stock
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 1, 2, 4 and 6 bottles
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 8, 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia