an american-style wheat beer dry-hopped with amarillo and HBC 630
Brewed in collaboration with our local ingredient-loving pals over at Fullsteam Brewery of Durham, North Carolina but part of a larger group collaborative effort with the North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics. Created to celebrate the opening of a second NCSSM
campus in Morganton, North Carolina. With the original campus in Durham, NC, by partnering with Fullsteam on this beer, we were able to bring some of that Durham flare to our quaint foothills town.
Unique in the UNC System, North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics is a world-class public high school with statewide reach, empowering students with the skills and knowledge to design their own future. Specializing in science, technology, engineering, and math — and with a robust humanities and arts program — NCSSM challenges talented high school juniors and seniors from across NC through a residential program on its historic campus in Durham and, now, on a second campus in Morganton. The extensive online program and summer offerings extend the school’s impact to every corner of North Carolina. Founded in 1980 as the first of its kind, NCSSM has become the model for 18 such specialized schools around the globe.
Mashed with local barley malt along with an ample helping of local malted wheat. Fermented with our preferred house American pale ale yeast for complete dryness and maximum crushability. Generously hopped, mostly in the fermenter, with choice amarillo and HBC 630. Honestly an anomoly as a style, we were inspired by a beer called Gumball Head, a classic favorite of ours from Three Floyd’s Brewery. With low bitterness and an elevated hop aroma bursting out of the can, this 5.0% hoppy wheat is the perfect summer crusher.
Out of Stock
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 1, 2, 4 and 6 bottles
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 8, 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia