Lagered Saison Brewed with Heritage Rice
Mashed with local barley malts courtesy of our friends at Riverbend Malt House
of Asheville, North Carolina along with heaps heritage Charleston Gold rice from
Marsh Hen Mills of South Carolina. Fermented cool with our clean and crisp
house saison yeast blend. As fermentation was coming to an end, we slightly cooled it down and dropped out all of the saison yeast. From there, we “krausened” Carolina Gold with a batch of freshly fermenting Nebo Pilsner. An old world technique typically not employed today, the sugars and lager yeast added into Carolina Gold from Nebo resulted in an additional fermentation and therefore, natural carbonation. With a total production time of 8 weeks, this lagered saison drinks snappier, drier and crisper than most actual lagers.
A staple crop in the early 19th century, the Carolinas were an early producer of rice
until farming ultimately moved further south to warmer climates. A staple beer
for us, we have been brewing a rendition of this beer since our first year as a
brewery. The addition of the heritage rice lends a smooth and creamy mouthfeel
with a crisp dry finish similar to a bud heavy, but much, much better.
Out of Stock
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 1, 2, 4 and 6 bottles
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 6 or 8 cans per order
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia