Coracoid [cocoa & nutmeg]
Coracoid [cocoa and nutmeg] 14% $35 750ml
a blend of an 18-month double barrel-aged barleywine and an 18-month bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout conditioned on cocoa nibs and nutmeg
Featuring some extraordinarily special barrels, these hybrid style blends have become one of our very favorite styles. Having recently released the straight up version without any additions, at first sip, we knew an adjunct version was in the cards.
Conditioned additionally on local cocoa nibs courtesy of Videri Chocolate Factory of Raleigh, North Carolina along with house-zested whole nutmeg.
With double barrel-aged barleywine representing the majority of the proportions, the sticky dark fruits shine through and are complimented by the tobacco and chocolate notes from the barrel-aged imperial stout. The addition of perfectly roasted cocoa nibs adds luxurious layers of fudge while the nuanced nutmeg provides subtle spice.
The result is barleywine focused and reminds us of chocolate covered raisins, cured pipe tobacco, vanilla-soaked sherry and bourbon soaked figgy jam.
Though incredible all on their own, this is a perfect example of how blending can make the whole greater than the sum of its parts.
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia