an appalachian farmhouse pale ale
Brewed with a distinct and purposeful blend of local barley malt, local wrens abruzzi rye malt along with local and raw heritage spelt. Assertively hopped with a blend of German-grown perle, tettnanger and saaz along with a dash of tropical-forward kohatu. Fermented with our house yeast blend adoringly known as dandy, which was harnessed years ago from the addition of dandelion flowers used when making the original batch of Brutus. Used for years in the tradition of the solera method where we would keep topping up the tank with fresh wort for a new fermentation, dandy has been the backbone of our mixed-culture program. From there, Dandy Pale was conditioned naturally inside the keg with our preferred brettanoymces yeast.
A few years ago, we sent dandy to a yeast lab to be analyzed and stored. This represents the very first beer we have brewed with a fresh pitch of dandy yeast. We had a feeling the fresh pitch of dandy would be perfect in creating the dreamest of beers. Boy were we right.
After roughly a year of brewing this as a draught only offering in our tasting rooms, our team loved it so much that we knew we had to get to work on putting this into a packaged format. Not wanting to simply put it in bottles, we yearned for this beer in crushable 12oz can. After a tremendous amount of contemplation and research, we canned it up and conditioned it inside the can the very same way we treat our bottles.
Boasting an adequate and elegant amount of Appalachian pastured funk, sunny fields of golden spelt, green pineapple and spicy noble hops. Put simply, this is our island beer. This is the beer that got us into beer and the beer that keeps us drinking beer. Trends are bullshit. They fade. We wanted this beer 10 years ago, we want it now and we will still want it 10 years from now.
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia