Estate Saison 2021
a saison-style ale brewed with estate-grown red floriani corn and hopi black dye sunflower seeds
Brewed with water from our wells along with 99.56% local ingredients.
Presented to y’all with immense pleasure and purpose, we humbly offer this prickly little saison, crafted with ingredients grown by real people at our real farmhouse brewery in Nebo, North Carolina.
Mashed with a mindful blend of local two and six row barley malts, a dash of local raw wheat and finished off with floriani flint corn grown right here at Whippoorwill Farm. At the end of the boil, we added a touch of cascade hops for some florality along with our estate-grown toasted hopi black dye sunflower seeds. Trust us when we say the brewery smelled amazing on this brew day. Fermented with our signature clean and crisp house saison yeast strain for maximum dryness and crushability. Fermented for a second time in the bottle and keg with a favorite strain of Brettanomyces yeast for layers of pastured pineapple funk.
Containing 99.56% local ingredients, it would also be easier to just name what isn’t local in this beer, which would be the cascade hops. Everything else is either local or super duper extra local meaning it was grown right here on our property.
Down to the core of who we are and what we strive to create, this is how we craft beer with a sense of place and agricultural purpose.
Out of Stock
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 1, 2, 4 and 6 bottles
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 8, 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia