Gator Jaw Lockdown
an english-style best bitter ale
With a southern drawl thicker than the low country humidity in mid-July, we’ve had some good laughs thinking about our dear friend “Bates” co-existing with the posh socialites in London, United Kingdom. When he told us he was leaving London to open Duration, a farm brewery in the English sticks, we knew he was going to feel right at home.
Nestled northeast of London at the historic West Acre Priory in Norfolk, Duration is an English farmhouse brewery focused on fresh beers and wild ales that are brewed from nature with purpose. With obvious similarities shared between our breweries, we are enamored with what they have created.
At the beginning of 2020, we were in the United Kingdom for a beer festival thrown by our very good friends at Cloudwater Brewing of Manchester, UK. On that trip, we were lucky enough to spend some time with Miranda and Bates, brewing with them at their incredible bucolic brewery in Norfolk.
On the last evening of the festival, let’s just say we had way too good of a time and ended up at a karaoke bar until the sun came up. With the roadtrip to Norfolk planned for that morning, some of us felt like we were blindfolded and kidnapped to the English countryside.
In spite of some of the obvious self inflicted hardships from that trip, it represents some incredibly special and meaningful memories to us. With not being able to visit them through the pandemic, we decided to link up digitally to create and collaborate. In doing so, we managed to convince Bates that we should make an English-style best bitter. Y’all should really be glad we did.
You know how sometimes you don’t know something is missing from your life until it is cold and touches your lips? Yeah, this is that. Mashed with a unique blend of local malt for a super clean, crisp and biscuit-y profile. Delicately hopped with some extra choice, super sexy challenger hops. Fermented with a traditional English ale yeast for a full and round yet dry finish.
When checking in on these lovelies during the pandemic, Bates responded “locked down like a gators mouth”. Well it’s time to open up that mouth and knock back this interpretation of a best bitter.
Out of Stock
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 1, 2, 4 and 6 bottles
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 8, 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia