High Like a Dove
appalachian wild ale fermented with local blueberries and conditioned on vanilla and nutmeg
This Appalachian wild ale was brewed with local barley malt and cereal mashed with local raw wheat. Boiled extensively with burlap-aged hops. Fermented with our mixed house cultures in one of our beautiful 40Bbl foeders, meticulously crafted by our friends at Foeder Crafters of St. Louis, Missouri. Transferred into oak barrels for months of extended aging.
From here, this golden sour ale base was transferred onto mounds of local blueberries courtesy of Perry’s Berrys of Morganton, North Carolina. After months of aging on the blueberries, we transfer off the fruit and onto a delicate and balanced blend of vanilla and house-zested nutmeg.
Boasting a deep dark crimson color, this wild ale is saturated with local blueberries and is a beautiful representation of the fruit. The addition of vanilla and nutmeg add textured layers reminiscent of a homemade blueberry pie, cooling in a windowsill.
Out of Stock
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia