Lake James Ice
Appalachian adjunct lager brewed with local barley and local heritage corn.
Mashed with local two row barley and a blend of three distinct varieties of heritage corn, grown only 2 miles down the road from our farmhouse brewery in Nebo, North Carolina. Fermented cool with our preferred lager yeast strain until bone dry and lagered cold until crisp and crushable.
Employing some incredibly technical brewing skills, this is the first in the series highlighted by a decoction mash. An old world practice, the process involves removing a portion of the main mash and bringing it up to a boil. Going through a series of steps, this process is said to provide a depth to the finished beer, not possible otherwise. In addition, a technique known as spunding, we closed off ICE during fermentation in order to capture all of the CO2 being expelled and trapping it into solution. The result yields an unparalleled crisp lager beer with tiny dancing bubbles which form a frothy rocky head. Total production time of six weeks.
As the cold temperatures of winter settle in, we know that an alcohol boost in a crushable light lager is just the thing to provide some much needed warmth. With the same crushability as the other lagers in this series, we are certain this is a beer that any ICE fishing grandpa would have slugged. Best paired with warm carhartt gloves, falling snowflakes, ICE fishing or immediately following a polar plunge into beautiful lake james.
Out of Stock
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 1, 2, 4 and 6 bottles
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 6 or 8 cans per order
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia