Might Should (available for pickup beginning 6/18)
a mixed-culture ale brewed with estate-grown cherrywood and fermented on whole cherries.
Waaaaaaaaaay back in June of 2019, our good friends from Little Fish Brewing in Athens, Ohio, agreed to come party down with us for our annual State of Origin beer festival we throw here in Morganton, NC. We figured since they were making the haul through the misty mountains of West Virginia to come see us, we might could work on a beer together.
As we spend a lot of time talking about the idea of “sense of place” around here, something that will always stick with me (Todd, hi!) is Ohio being the first place that offered me that. Having grown up in Cleveland, Ohio and spending some later years in Athens, collaborating with this truly rad little brewery is one way to tie both places together.
From them, they scrounged up some awesome caramelized and malted oats, courtesy of Haus Malts of Cleveland, Ohio. From us, we pointed out a downed cherry tree on our property and thought, “we might could use that wood in this beer”. And here is where it got even more juicy. We realized we made just a bit too much of the woody base so we said to ourselves, “we might should put some whole cherries in a portion of this”. So we did and here it is.
Mashed with local pilsner malt along with heaps of OH malted and caramelized oats for outrageous depth and complexity. Steeped on estate-grown cherrywood, which quite frankly contributes a gnarly amount of cherry/earth/forest floor profile that you didn’t even know you were looking for. Fermented with our mixed house cultures atop whole Michigan cherries and matured in neutral wine barrels for nearly 16 months. Conditioned naturally inside the bottle and keg.
Out of Stock
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 1, 2, 4 and 6 bottles
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 8, 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia