a mimosa-style white ale fermented with fresh oranges and conditioned on earl grey tea and coriander
A beer of many names, we have been making essentially this exact same recipe for close to a decade. Still one of our favorite beers that we make, we decided it was due time to give this house-favorite it’s hopefully forever glow up.
Originally known, back during the original pub days, as Brass Monkey, this recipe has, through the years, also been called Metallic Primate, Boom Bap (long before we named an IPA that) and most recently, Whippoorwill.
Born from a desire to use the original Whippoorwill Farm branding for other and more generalized projects, we felt like a makeover to the label and branding was in order. After many months of deliberation, we humbly and proudly offer up Mimosa City.
A nickname of Morganton, North Carolina in the early 1900’s, mimosa trees once to line the streets of our cute and quaint downtown. Though technically an invasive, we swoon over the flower blossoms the mimosa tree presents us with each summer. With the name also representing a popular drink involving fresh oranges, we fell in love with the imagery and the playful ingredient influence.
Mashed with local barley from our friends at Riverbend Malt House of Asheville, North Carolina and a helping of flaked oats. Fermented slightly warm for increased aromatics with our signature clean and crisp saison yeast blend. Fermented again atop brewer-zested and juiced fresh organic oranges and conditioned on Spicewalla coriander and Numi’s earl gray tea.
A house favorite, we craft our interpretation of a classic Belgian-style witbier quite a bit differently for a truly unique drinking experience.
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 1, 2, 4 and 6 bottles
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 8, 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia