a mixed-culture kvass-style ale brewed with pumpernickel bread and fermented on 3rd use cherries and aged on night swim coffee
A brand new addition to our ever growing series of kvass-inspired ales, Night Swim is the perfect addition to this family of beers. Mashed with a massive amount of local pumpernickel bread, local six row barley malt along with a mindful menagerie of the finest of specialty grains. Fermented with our house solera mixed-culture blend of yeast and bacteria until crushingly dry and unmistakably ours. Matured in oak barrels and aged atop third use cherries and whole coffee beans from our friends at Night Swim Coffee of Charlotte, North Carolina. Conditioned naturally inside the can and keg with brettanomyces yeast.
Fun and flavorful, when we set out to work on a beer project with the talented folks at Night Swim Coffee, we all immediately talked about how we wanted more out of this project than the standard coffee porter or stout. Though we certainly love those pairings, coffee is wildly diverse and we were excited to work on a different more unique profile. Boasting notes of cascara, subtle earth, cocoa marbled rye bread, vanilla wood and lemon verbena, this marriage showcases the lighter, more acid-forward side of what coffee can be.
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia