Pap Pap’s Salted Lager
a dortmunder-style lagerbier blended with ancient appalachian sea salt
Brewed with water from our well along with 91% local ingredients
Brewed with local pilsner malt along with a touch of carafoam for a boosted body and munich malt for a slight biscuit profile and a deep golden color. Delicately hopped with a traditional blend of European-grown perle and tettnanger hops. Fermented cool with our preferred lager yeast and conditioned cold for a dry, crisp and crushable finish.
Created in honor of my Pap Pap, Edward Shine, and a story he repeatedly told me, especially when I began brewing professionally. As a young man, my Pap Pap worked as a coal miner in western Pennsylvania. When he emerged from the mines with great thirst, he would crush lager at his local watering hole. By adding a dash of salt, he created a most crispy lager, making it the perfect post-cave crusher.
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 1, 2, 4 and 6 bottles
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 6 or 8 cans per order
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia