Appalachian wild ale fermented with red and black raspberries
Originally an unreleased, extremely secretive, ghostly bottle that we only poured at beer festivals or gave to friends and family, this is only the second time we have released this jammy treat to the public. With the first public release packaged in a 750ml bottle two years ago, this is the first ever presentation of this blend in a 500ml bottle.
Mashed with local barley and local raw wheat courtesy of Riverbend Malt House of Asheville, North Carolina and boiled with house burlap-aged hops. Fermented with our mixed house cultures in our beautiful oak foeders, meticulously crafted by our friends at Foeder Crafters of St. Louis, Missouri. Transferred into oak barrels for extensive aging. Transferred out of oak onto a massive amount of local RED raspberries from the summer of 2020 courtesy of River Ridge Organics. A separate amount was then transferred onto mounds of local BLACK raspberries courtesy of the very same farm. Fermented and aged on the berries for 3-4 months and then blended together in the bottling tank. 12-15 month blend at time of bottling. Conditioned naturally inside the bottle. This 2021 blend is a magnificent display of restraint and excess. The red raspberry provides classic frambroise aromatics and acidity while the black raspberry rounds it out with depth and luscious jamminess. Boasting a deep purple color with a glimpse of cherry jolly rancher red, this remix has earned it’s spot as one of our very favorite fruited wild ales.
Out of Stock
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 1, 2, 4 and 6 bottles
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 8, 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia