2022 Snug Glove 6.4% no limit
appalachian wild ale fermented with local whole blackberries
Appalachian wild ale brewed with local barley and local raw wheat. Boiled with burlap-aged hops. Fermented with our mixed house cultures in one of our beautiful American-made oak foeders courtesy of our friends at Foeder Crafters of St. Louis, Missouri. Transferred into oak for 4-6 months of aging. Transferred out of oak onto a massive amount of local blackberries from the harvest of 2021. Fermented and aged on the berries for 3-4 months and transferred back into red wine barrels. Matured in the wine barrels for an additional 8 months.
13-16 months old at time of bottling. Conditioned naturally inside the bottle and keg. Blackberries were grown at River Ridge Organics of Grayson County, Virginia and were harvested in the summer of 2021. As the 2021 vintage was the blackberry wine barrel addition, we technically did not release a straight up version of Snug Glove last year. But to complex it up a bit, we did things a little differently for 2022’s vintage.
Instead of using our normal golden sour base blend that we use for all of our Appalachian wild ales, we blended the 2022 vintage with 2nd use blackberry barrel-aged stock. By starting with a base lightly flavored and colored with the very same fruit, it allowed us to achieve unparalleled complexity and depth through older barrels and a unique method for blending time and fruit.
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 1, 2, 4 and 6 bottles
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 8, 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia