Snug Glove (Blackberry Wine BA) (available for pickup beginning 8/20)
Appalachian Wild Ale with blackberries Aged in Blackberry Wine Barrels
Appalachian Wild Ale brewed with local barley and local raw wheat. Boiled with burlap-aged hops. Fermented with our mixed house cultures in one of our beautiful American-made oak foeders courtesy of our friends at Foeder Crafters of St. Louis, Missouri. Transferred into oak for 4-6 months of aging. Transferred out of oak onto a massive amount of local blackberries from the harvest of 2020. Fermented and aged on the berries for 3-4 months and transferred back into red wine barrels. Matured in the wine barrels for an additional 6 months. After this initial period in neutral wine barrels, this yummy treat was then transferred into freshly dumped blackberry wine barrels.
12-15 months old at time of bottling. Conditioned naturally inside the bottle and keg. Blackberries were grown at River Ridge Organics of Grayson County, Virginia and were harvested in the summer of 2020. The absurd level of fruiting, paired with an extra long maturation time spread between two different barrels, allowed this 2021 Snug Glove to boast an intense jammy profile. The additional slumber in the blackberry wine barrels contributed even more blackberry jamminess with a more pronounced barrel profile and slightly beefed up alcohol presence.
Out of Stock
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 1, 2, 4 and 6 bottles
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 8, 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia