an english-style dark mild ale brewed with honey stinger waffles
Brewed in collaboration with our gnar shredding buds at Overmountain Cycles of Morganton NC and released for their annual Barn Burner MTN bike race which starts and finishes at our Whippoorwill Farm.
Mashed with a simple yet complex grain build consisting of local barley malt courtesy of our good friends at Riverbend Malt House of Asheville, NC along with a contemplative and traditional blend of the world’s finest caramel and crystal malts. Fermented with our preferred house English yeast strain for an ample body with a decidedly dry finish. As a playful treat for our cycling cohorts, we threw heaps of honey stinger waffles into the mash.
As brewers, an english dark mild is one of our very favorite styles of beer to consume. We’ve been lucky enough to consume dimple after dimple of traditional dark mild in England and are completely smitten with the style.
Expect notes of traditional snappy biscuits, caramel toffy and of course honey drenched waffles. With a low ABV of just 3.8%, this flavorful english treat is the perfect pre or post-ride crusher.
Out of Stock
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 1, 2, 4 and 6 bottles
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 8, 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia