a mixed-culture kvass beer brewed with smoked malt, brezels and sea salt.
Perhaps our favorite in our vast portfolio of kvass beers, Underground is brewed in collaboration with our forever homie Matthew Hickman of Underground Baking in Hendersonville, North Carolina. Mashed with a toasty blend of local barley and caramel malts, hickory-smoked wheat malt and 300lb of brezels, the proper German word for pretzel. Fermented with our mixed house cultures for a crisp, complex, tart and decidedly dry finish. Blended with sea salt and conditioned naturally in the bottle with brettanomyces yeast.
Out of Stock
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 1, 2, 4 and 6 bottles
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 8, 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia