Unusual Frequency [Track 1]
Unusual Frequency [Track 1]
a Holy Mountain-style double india pale ale, dry-hopped with mosaic, galaxy and el dorado
In 2021, we launched a series of collaborative hazy double IPA’s dubbed unusual frequency. The goal, as hazy newbs, was to explore the style through the minds of some of the best in the industry to do it. Six collaborative hazy boiz later, we feel like we accomplished just that.
With no real plan for this series beyond 2021, we didn’t really know where things would go. As we literally and figuratively ran out of brainwaves, we thought this series had simply run its course. Upon further exploration, we decided there was still much more to uncover with this beer style and our homies who crush it.
An idea to utilize sound wavelengths surfaced and then became a bit more concise. Our very own Brit Josa took that idea and said, “what if we have the brewery tell us what song best represents them and use a wavelength from that song”. And to bring it all home, add a QR code to that song on the label art so the drinker can be immersed in the full experience.
For the launch of this 2022 Unusual Frequency series, we teamed up with the homies at Holy Mountain Brewing of Seattle, Washington. When we asked them what band/song best represented them as a brewery, here is what they said: “The first thing that comes to mind is a newer song called Mountain Majick from Wolves In The Throne Room, one of our local black metal bands that has been on constant rotation in the brewery for years. I feel like this song embodies the darkness of our winters here in the PNW, and the endless emerald beauty in the mountains and rivers, but will turn brutal and savage if not respected. There is constant inspiration and magic from being out there.” -Colin Lenfest
Oh right, about the beer. Adhering to their techniques and teachings, we set out to make a double india pale that represents how they like to do things in the PNW. Utilizing water from our wells, local grain and employing their techniques, the result is a triumphant and poignant approach to the modern IPA.
Out of Stock
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 1, 2, 4 and 6 bottles
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 8, 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia