Unusual Frequency [Track 4]
a fonta flora-style unfiltered double india pale ale dry-hopped with hand-selected citra, mosaic and simcoe
In 2021, we launched a series of collaborative hazy double IPA’s dubbed unusual frequency. The goal, as hazy newbs, was to explore the style through the minds of some of the best in the industry to do it.
With no real plan for this series beyond 2021, we didn’t really know where things would go. As we literally and figuratively ran out of brainwaves, we thought this series had simply run its course. Upon further exploration, we decided there was still much more to uncover with this beer style and our homies who crush it.
An idea to utilize sound wavelengths surfaced and then became a bit more concise. Our very own Brit Josa took that idea and said, “what if we have the brewery tell us what song best represents them and use a wavelength from that song”. And to bring it all home, add a qr code to that song on the label art so the drinker can be immersed in the full experience.
What is typically a collaborative series where we take the opportunity to work with the very best in the game who create this style, we also use this as an opportunity to reflect and showcase all we have learned. Unusual Frequency [Track 4] offers just that.
However, thinking about a song or an artist that represents us as a brewery proved to be very difficult. With an honest mix of Taylor Swift and Full of Hell on constant rotation during our shifts, we were all left a bit confused. After much deliberation, we also realized that one band in particular found its way out of our brewhouse speakers on a regular basis. Even including a partial staff road trip to Charlotte, NC to see them live, Turnstile definitely represented a big vibe for us for 2022.
Mashed with local barley and local raw and malted wheat along with flaked oats. Fermented with our full bodied and low flocci yeast strain for a luxurious body and mouthfeel and turbid appearance. Hopped intensely with a blend of hand-selected citra, mosaic and simcoe, this offering helps us celebrate 2022 while looking ahead to what 2023 has in store for Fonta Flora Brewery.
Out of Stock
- Orders are shipped weekly. Please allow at least 7 days for processing and tracking updates.
- If your package is returned to us, we may re-ship it to you for an additional shipping charge equal to the actual shipping cost. Any order that is refused or returned after three attempts to deliver will not be refunded. In addition the buyer will be responsible for any additional feed incurred to have the package returned to us.
- Due to our shipping process, each order can contain either cans or bottles. If you would like to order both cans and bottles, please place two separate orders
- Bottles are shipped in quantities of 1, 2, 4 and 6 bottles
- Cans are shipped in quantities of 8, 10, 12, 22, or 24
- We cannot currently ship alcohol to Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Mississippi, Rhode Island, Utah, and West Virginia